Kashmir Premier League – KPL 2022 Players Draft
The second edition of Kashmir Premier League – KPL is scheduled to start on 11 August 2022. KPL 2022 players draft is announced and here below are the retained and released players list. A new team is added into the tournament named as Jammu Janbaz.
The following is a list of players retained in KPL 2022:
- Rawalakot Hawks: Ahmed Shehzad (Platinum), Hussain Talat (Platinum), Asif Afridi (Diamond), Zaman Khan (Diamond).
- Overseas Warriors: Azam Khan (Platinum), Kamran Ghulam (Platinum), Sohail Khan (Diamond).
- Muzaffarabad Tigers: Anwar Ali (Diamond), Zeeshan Ashraf (Gold), Arshad Iqbal (Gold) Iftikhar Ahmed was swapped with Sohaib Maqsood in the Platinum category.
- Bagh Stallions: Amir Yamin, Mohammad Imran Jnr. Sohaib Maqsood was recently swapped in by the franchise.
- Kotli Lions: Ahsan Ali, Khurram Shahzad, Irfanullah Shah, Khalid Usman.
- Mirpur Royals: Salman Irshad, Mohammad Akhlaq, Abrar Ahmed.
- Jammu Janbaz: No retentions, the new franchise did enlist Sharjeel Khan as their icon player.
The daft for the second season of the Kashmir Premier League will take place on July 21, 2022. The drafting will occur in two parts. In the initial phase, teams from all over the world will bid for the opportunity to play in the KPL. In the second stage, teams will be chosen based on their bids and previous season’s performance.
The team that finishes worst in the inaugural season of the Korean Premier League will receive the first pick in this year’s draught. With seven teams playing in the KPL this season, it is likely that several notable players may be signed by new clubs.
Also Read: Cricket Asia Cup Prize Money